Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Around Oslo, December 2008

Kristie arrived on Sunday, 21 December, and we spent a couple days in Oslo before embarking on our holiday journey. I took her around to see my campus on Monday morning and later in the day we met up with Lucas (another American with a Rotary Ambassadorial scholarship) and his mother for a tour around Oslo.




Aker Brygge (trendy waterfront development) and the Oslo fjord seen from atop Akershus fortress






Kristie and I on our tour of the city





In my classroom. I spent a lot of time in this classroom last semester...like 20-25 hours a week.






Outside of my institute










Kristie and I enjoyed making a gingerbread house (pepperkakerhus på norsk) in my apartment





This was the side of the roof she decorated





And this was my side







A horrible tragedy occurred overnight...we found the house in ruins the next morning







It appears the moist frosting made the structure soggy and weak. I've taken these photos to send along to the insurance company.





No comments: