Sunday, November 9, 2008

US Presidential Elections presentation to Oslo Rotaract Club

The two other Rotary Ambassadorial scholars in Oslo and I gave a presentation to the Oslo Rotaract Club on the evening of our elections. We discussed the steps one must take to become president, the electoral college and our two major political parties. We also had a mini debate to highlight the main stances of each candidate on selected issues. Following the meeting, Travis, Lucas and I went to a student pub on campus for an election party where they showed live media coverage as the results came in. Sadly though with a 7 hour time difference I went to bed at 2 AM still not knowing who would come out victorious. But that gave me something to look forward to the next morning when I woke up!







Oslo Rotaract Club Secretary, Lucas, me, Club President, and Travis



The Oslo Rotaract Club President and me




Election party hosted by a campus organization

No comments: