Thursday, July 2, 2009

Back home

Hello friends,

After a wonderful 10 months in Norway, I've finally returned home. My flight came into O'Hare Airport in Chicago on 25 June where I found my Dad patiently waiting to bring me to our home in La Salle. I say patiently because he was waiting outside the airport for a little while as I was busy trying to hunt down my skis the airlines had misplaced with my flight. But no worries, the skis arrived safely via FedEx just the other day.

I've really enjoyed the past week catching up with family and friends, and getting back into some uniquely Sadowski activities, viz., jug fishing and frog hunting. I'm taking an online Spanish course through the community college in my area now, and I plan to begin my field research in Iowa early August.

My final 3 1/2 weeks in Norway were busy with travel. I will soon be posting photos and a little travel log highlighting the stops we made along our trip to Northern Norway and in my side trip over to Dublin and Birmingham for the Rotary International Convention.

Its nice to be home with family and friends.

Dan

No comments: